Most insurance plans in Wisconsin do not cover fertility treatment. Some plans may cover diagnostic testing and some may even cover some forms of treatment. Because insurance plans vary in benefit coverage you should contact your insurance company to ask them about your coverage before you begin any medical treatment. The following list includes questions to guide you through checking your benefit coverage.
Questions to ask your insurance company:
- Do I have coverage for consults and testing to diagnose infertility?
- Do I have fertility treatment benefits? (Such as surgery, IUI, IVF)
- If I do have fertility treatment coverage, what kind of coverage do I have? Are there limitations?
- What treatments require preauthorization. How do I preauthorize my treatment?
- Do I have coverage for prescription fertility drugs?
- Is there a specific pharmacy I need to go to?
- Is there a specific laboratory I need to go to for lab work?
PARTICIPATING INSURANCE PLANS
This is a list of insurance companies we participate with and will bill if authorized. Please verify with your insurance plan that they will extend coverage to you to be seen at WFI. If you do not see your insurance plan listed or have any questions please do not hesitate to call us.
Blue Cross/Blues Shield
Cigna (not EPO plans)
Group Health Cooperative
Mercy Care (Point of service plan only, not HMO)
UMR (with insurance authorization)